The Provider class is now created using one of two new reader classes called Binary or XML to initialise the device data. The following example shows how to create the Provider. var provider = Binary.Reader.Create("Data File Path");
The static Create method of the readers can also use a byte array or open stream providing the initialisation data.
This will not be a concern for developers who only use Foundation within IIS.
Changes in Foundation Version 126.96.36.199
- 51Degrees.mobi device data is now available for Foundation. See this link for more details.
- Option to automatically update device data on a weekly basis.
- Device data is embedded into the compiled assembly by default. Data files in App_Data (or other folder) are now optional.
- Device data can be read in XML and Binary formats. Binary format is significantly faster to load and is used by default.
- Matching logic is included in the device data files.
- Many detection related configuration options have been simplified and moved into the source code.
- Some related distrubutions such as the MVC3 and IIS6 installer have been removed.
- More methods and properties have been marked public.
- Fewer .NET default browser capabilities are overridden to reduce seemingly inconsistent behaviour.