51 Degrees.mobi Foundation has been in beta for some time now and has been used on thousands of websites worldwide. We’re now highly confident in the product and have designated this release as stable. We recommend all users update to this version.
New Capabilities Mappings
To improve compatibility with other libraries some new .NET capabilities are now populated with wurfl data:
- “maximumRenderedPageSize” populated with “max_deck_size”
- “rendersBreaksAfterWmlAnchor” populated with “break_list_of_links_with_br_element_recommended”
- “rendersBreaksAfterWmlInput” populated with “insert_br_element_after_widget_recommended”
- “screenCharactersHeight” populated with “rows”
- “screenCharactersWidth” populated with “columns”
- “tables” populated with “xhtml_table_support”
- “canInitiateVoiceCall” populated with “is_wireless_device”
- “maximumSoftkeyLabelLength” populated with “softkey_support”
A full list of .NET properties populated with WURFL data can be found here
The following code snippet can be used to access any WURFL capability whether or not it is mapped to a .NET property. For instance, if the device is a tablet:
string capability = Request.Browser["is_tablet"];
Most of the configuration for the foundation is done via web.config. The user guide
or the downloads above show how to setup the foundation as required.
See the release note for more information.