Device Data Updates
Lite Data Update, 19/12/2011
Data now contains more definitions for Android and tablet devices. Device matching has also been greatly improved.
51Degrees.mobi now provide device data - find out more about 51Degrees.mobi Device Data here
, and see how to adapt a previous v1.x Foundation installation to the new data
at our FAQs.
Changes in Foundation Version 184.108.40.206 -
- Performance improvements have been implemented in the Foundation API code.
- Handlers logic has been tweaked to improve matching accuracy.
- Profile IDs are now in the form A-B-C-[D] where D is optional. The A-B-C component of the profile ID is unique across multiple versions of the data set. D indicates a similar useragent string related to the profile. This is so that a Profile ID for a device cannot change between releases.
Changes in Foundation Version 220.127.116.11 -
- 51Degrees.mobi device data is now available for Foundation. See this link for more details.
- Option to automatically update device data on a weekly basis.
- Device data is embedded into the compiled assembly by default. Data files in App_Data (or other folder) are now optional.
- Device data can be read in XML and Binary formats. Binary format is significantly faster to load and is used by default.
- Matching logic is included in the device data files.
- Many detection related configuration options have been simplified and moved into the source code.
- Some related distrubutions such as the MVC3 and IIS6 installer have been removed.
- More methods and properties have been marked public.
- Fewer .NET default browser capabilities are overridden to reduce seemingly inconsistent behaviour.