Foundation can now be deployed on to the Windows Azure Cloud service. See the release note for full details on requirements and how to setup.
Azure related changes include:
- Instead of a log file, log entries are written to a log table
- Instead of a devices file, previous device requests are written to a device table
- A new conditional compilation symbol - 'AZURE'. AZURE enabled builds will not work in traditional ASP.NET.
- Activator.cs has been changed to register the redirect module even if the wurfl section is not present in the configuration.
- MobileCapabilitiesProvider.cs has been changed to enable the Create method for getting device capabilities to be overridden in derived classes. This is needed for internal purposes.
There are no other changes. For regular ASP.NET or MVC see version 184.108.40.206.
Changes on 26/08/2011
MobileDevice.asmx in the Detector sample has had a new method added - GetCapabilities. It can take a string array of capabilities and returns a list of properties in a string array in the same order they were given. Any capabilities not matched are set as null.