• New packages for Umbraco and WebMatrix.
• Option to provide a configuration information outside the web.config file for easier management and deployment.
• ASP.NET v4 no longer needs HttpModules registered in the web.config file. HttpModules will still be required for versions of .NET prior to 4.
• Tables property of Request.Browser will only be updated if XHTML is the preferred markup language for the requesting device.
• Addressed a minor issue with redirection when used in environments such as Umbraco that alter the Request.Url property after the BeginRequest event.
• Changes to handlers for FireFox and MSIE to detect the correct desktop browser version.
A full list of .NET properties populated with WURFL data can be found here
The following code snippet can be used to access any WURFL capability whether or not it is mapped to a .NET property. For instance, if the device is a tablet:
string capability = Request.Browser["is_tablet"];
Most of the configuration for the foundation is done via web.config. The user guide
or the downloads above show how to setup the foundation as required.
See the release note for more information.