Use of CodePlex
51Degrees is using GitHub as the master repository for its code. The source code will be mirrored on CodePlex. Compiled libraries will continue to be distributed on CodePlex.
Full Release notes are available on GitHub at Release Note 3.2.5
Version 3.2.5 Highlights
- Embedded data has been removed from the assembly and now must be provided from the App_Data folder.
- .NET 3.5 is not supported in this release in order to use memory mapped files and simplify overriding default browser capabilities.
- In stream mode entity data properties that can allocate large arrays only initialise these arrays when needed.
- Caches used with stream operation are now fixed memory size and serviced via the thread pool.
- Automatic update processes uses temporary files rather than main memory to verify integrity of updated files prior to using them.
- Temporary files are now created in the App_Data/51Degrees folder of the web application rather than a UNC path or the master data file folder.
- Values associated with Profiles are now retrieved using a more efficient algorithm.
- DataSet.Properties collection now has a string accessor to make retrieving properties by name simpler.
- Web sites using memory mode use a byte array to improve start up time.
- Version 3.2 data file formats are supported in parallel with version 3.1 data files.
- 51Degrees unit tests are now part of the open source distribution.
- Improvements to image optimiser to reduce memory consumption and performance.
Changes from version 3.2.4
- The SQL project now works as expected with the 3.2 device detection logic.
- Methods used to retrieve property values from Profiles and Signatures have been made clearer, memory use reduced and performance improved further.
- Automatic data file updates explicitly refresh file status during the update in case .NET did not do this automatically. Avoids a possible cause of automatic update failure.
- Automatic data file updates bug fixed, if temporary folder does not exist, it is created. And ensures that subsequent updates operations can occur.
- GetProperty method now marked as deprecated.