Use of CodePlex
51Degrees is using GitHub as the master repository for its code. The source code will be mirrored on CodePlex. Compiled libraries will continue to be distributed on CodePlex. Our use of CodePlex will be phased out in future releases.
Full Release notes are available on GitHub at Release Note 3.2.4
Version 3.2.4 Highlights
The design focus of the release is to reduce memory consumption when the data file used directly from the disk, and to improve performance.
- Embedded data has been removed from the assembly and now must be provided from the App_Data folder.
- .NET 3.5 is not supported in this release in order to use memory mapped files and simplify overriding default browser capabilities.
- In stream mode entity data properties that can allocate large arrays only initialise these arrays when needed.
- Caches used with stream operation are now fixed memory size and serviced via the thread pool.
- Automatic update processes uses temporary files rather than main memory to verify integrity of updated files prior to using them.
- Temporary files are now created in the App_Data/51Degrees folder of the web application rather than a UNC path or the master data file folder.
- Values associated with Profiles are now retrieved using a more efficient algorithm.
- DataSet.Properties collection now has a string accesser to make retrieving properties by name simpler.
- Web sites using memory mode use a byte array to improve start up time.
- Version 3.2 data file formats are supported in parallel with version 3.1 data files.
- 51Degrees unit tests are now part of the open source distribution.
- Import Change: The embedded device data has been removed from the assembly and by default placed in the App_Data folder if used with a web site. The solution will not work without the associated data file being provided and the WebProvider.ActiveProvider property can now return null.
Changes in version 188.8.131.52
- Changed the MobileCapabilitiesProvider to continue to support .NET Adapters and Browsers.
- Matches using multiple headers will return the sum of all difference for each header, not just the last one that was used.
- Removed redundant properties and some working properties and fields made internal.
- Nodes with the same number of ranked signatures are now also ordered on their position within the User-Agent to ensure consistency with Java and C APIs.